Ethereum has positioned itself as one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies behind Bitcoin. Now that there are so many companies that accept ETH, you can practically spend Ethereum wherever you want. Here’s our guide to spending and buying things with ETH.
Ethereum vs Ether: Ethereum is the name of an open-source, decentralized blockchain. The cryptocurrency of the Ethereum blockchain is Ether. If you wanted to use Ethereum with a BitPay merchant or on an Ethereum-based project, you’d actually be spending the Ether token. For simplicity’s sake, we use the term interchangeably in this article.
What can you buy with Ethereum?
BitPay partners with hundreds of merchants to give you the flexibility to buy things with ETH. That means you can buy practically anything and pay straight from your Eth wallet. Here are some of the things you can buy with Ethereum:
- Gold & Jewelry - Whether you’re diversifying your assets or in need of some new jewelry, use ETH to treat yourself.
- Cars - Ride in style when you buy your next car with ETH.
- Real Estate - Ethereum and Bitcoin are two of the most popular cryptocurrencies for buying real estate.
- Clothes and fashion - Many notable fashion brands and boutiques accept cryptocurrency, including Ethereum.
- Food - Steak, stir fry, seafood and more. Pay for meals and drinks with Ethereum at forward thinking restaurants. Plus, get food delivered straight to your home.
- Travel and stays - Book accommodations, buy plane tickets and pay for your vacation with Etheruem.
- Gaming and entertainment - Buy video games, concert tickets and see live sports with Ethereum.
- Professional services - Pay for business expenses and services.
- Decentralized apps (dApps) - Use the Ether token to interact with Ethereum-based apps.
How to Spend Ethereum
You’ll typically have four easy ways to pay with Ethereum:
- Spend ETH directly with companies that accept Ethereum
- Use Ethereum like cash via the BitPay Card
- Buy gift cards with Ethereum
- Send ETH to friends, family or businesses using a P2P transaction
Who accepts Ethereum? 11 companies that accept Ethereum
BitPay partners with hundreds of companies so you can pay with Ethereum. See our Merchant Directory for the top companies that accept cryptocurrency.
Pay for electronics, PC parts and more with ETH.
Watch your favorite shows, movies and live sports. New subscribers can sign up for SlingTV and pay with Ethereum.
Support your favorite streamers and entertainers with Ethereum.
Buy luxury watches, high fashion accessories and the latest trends in clothing. Use Ethereum at checkout.
Diversify your portfolio or expand your metals collection. Convert your Ethereum into gold, silver, platinum and other precious metals.
Fight cancer and donate ETH. The American Cancer accepts Ethereum donations as well as other popular cryptocurrencies.
Use Ethereum to pay for domain names, hosting and other web services.
Buy tickets and Mavs gear with Ethereum. The Mavs were the first major league sports organization to accept cryptocurrency. The Sacramento Kings (NBA) and Carolina Hurricanes (NHL) are a few of the other sports teams that accept crypto through BitPay.
Ethereum is fast becoming one of the top cryptos used to buy real estate. Pacaso accepts cryptocurrency as a payment option for second home purchases, making it the first second home marketplace to enable payment with digital currency.
Visit AMCTheatres.com to buy movie tickets and merchandise with Ethereum.
Use ETH to pay for high quality luxury watches from renowned brands like Rolex, Richard Mille, and Patek Philippe.
Spend Ethereum like cash with the BitPay Card
One of the most flexible and easiest ways to spend Ethereum is with the BitPay Card. Our crypto debit card works like every other debit card with one distinct difference: Instead of connecting to your bank account, the BitPay Card pulls funds from your ETH wallet. Use it anywhere that Mastercard is accepted. You can even use it at ATMs to convert ETH into cash instantly. To get started, download the BitPay app. Apply and get approved in minutes. It’s that easy.
Buy gift cards with Ethereum
BitPay gives everyone the flexibility to buy gift cards with Ethereum. Choose from hundreds of companies and stores where you can convert ETH into store credit instantly. What will you buy with Ethereum?
Popular gift cards you can buy with Ethereum
- Google Play
- Sony PlayStation
- Whole Foods Market
- Home Depot
- Nintendo eShop
Send ETH directly with a P2P transaction
If you want to send ETH to a friend, or you know the wallet details of someone you want to pay in ETH, then a P2P transfer from the BitPay Wallet is a safe and easy method.
How to Send Ethereum
- Open the BitPay Wallet app
- Click on your Ethereum wallet
- Click “Send”
- Enter the wallet address you want to send to (you can also scan the receiver's QR code)
- Enter the amount of ETH you want to send
- Confirm payment details and slide to send
FAQs about paying with Ethereum
Does Amazon accept Ethereum?
No, as of 2022, Amazon doesn’t accept any form of cryptocurrency. See BitPay’s guide on how to use Ethereum and other cryptocurrency on Amazon.
What Ethereum wallets can I use with BitPay?
BitPay supports the most popular Ethereum wallets. Our app, extension, and Card are compatible with Ethereum wallets like Trust Wallet, MetaMask, Coinbase and hundreds more.