Who’s ready to feast? Grub on burgers, steaks, salads, fried rice, pizza, and whatever else your grumbling stomach desires. Best of all, you can order all of your food with crypto!
How to order food with Bitcoin
If you’d like to use your crypto to order food for delivery or eat out at a restaurant, you’ll have three easy options:
- Buy gift cards for restaurants and delivery services (paid for directly from your crypto wallet)
- Eat anywhere in the world using the BitPay Card (funded by your crypto wallet)
- Order directly from restaurants and delivery services that accept crypto
Buy gift cards for popular food delivery services & restaurants
Few restaurants directly accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in exchange for meals. BitPay is on a mission to change that. In the meantime, the next best way to buy food with Bitcoin is through gift cards.
BitPay makes it easy to order food with Bitcoin through gift cards. Here’s how to get your food order started:
- Download the BitPay app
- Connect your preferred crypto wallet in the app
- Choose your gift card, the amount, and complete the transaction
- Your gift card code will generated and can be used immediately
Buy DoorDash and Uber Eats Gift Cards
Buy gift cards for Uber Eats or DoorDash within the BitPay app or Extension. Order food from almost any restaurant in your area, all paid for with crypto!
Any craving, anytime
What restaurants can I eat at with gift cards from BitPay?
BitPay partners with restaurants that satisfy almost every craving.
- Fine Dining Restaurants: Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, The Palm, Mastro’s, Del Frisco’s, Mortons Steakhouse, and Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Italian Restaurants: Carraba’s Italian Grill, Maggiano’s Little Italy, and Olive Garden
- Seafood Restaurants: Red Lobster, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and Bonefish Grill
- Pizza Restaurants: Domino’s, Papa John' s Pizza, and Fazoli’s
- Fast & Casual Restaurants: Subway, Burger King, Boston Market, Hooters, and P.F. Changs.
- Dessert & Sweets: Krispy Kreme, Jamba Juice, and Cold Stone Creamery
Use the BitPay Card to order food and eat out at any restaurant near you
Can’t get enough of your local hole in the wall restaurant? Use crypto to pay for food when you sign up for the BitPay Card. Our crypto debit card works like every other debit card. The only difference is you use funds from your crypto wallet, not a bank account.
The BitPay Card is the perfect companion for anyone that loves to eat.
- Connect the card to your preferred food delivery app like DoorDash, GrubHub, PostMates, and UberEats
- Pay the bill and tip your server at any restaurant or bar that accepts Mastercard
- Take out cash at an ATM to cover cash-only restaurants and dives
The only crypto card for foodies
Pay restaurants and order food directly with crypto
Not every eating establishment is bought in on blockchain payments. However, some forward-thinking restaurateurs are ready and willing to exchange your Bitcoin for a delicious plate of food.
Notable restaurants that accept Bitcoin & crypto
- Safari Tulum (Tulum) - Enjoy tacos and tropical cocktails, all paid for with crypto.
- Anadiamo (Las Vegas) - Inside the D Hotel, use Bitcoin to indulge in mouth watering steaks and Italian staples.
- Mastro’s (Multiple locations) - Fill your table with luxurious cuts of beef and Japanese-inspired plates. Mastro’s accepts Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.
- Formentos (Chicago) - Experience the bright and light flavors of Italy.
- The Bristol (Chicago) - Enjoy unpretentious plates created with farm-fresh ingredients along with refined cocktails and drinks.
Food delivery services that accept Bitcoin & crypto
- Menufy - Get food delivered from thousands of restaurants and pay with crypto.
- Takeaway (EU) - Takeaway.com offers diners the ability to order food from across Europe and pay with crypto.
As crypto’s rise continues, more restaurants and food delivery services will begin to accept crypto payments. BitPay will be there every step of the way, helping you spend your crypto!
Want to accept crypto at your restaurant? BitPay makes it easy.
FAQs about buying food with Bitcoin & cryptocurrency
How do I pay for food with crypto?
You can use crypto to pay for food in three ways: sign up for the BitPay Card, buy restaurant/delivery service gift cards with crypto, and pay directly with crypto to a select number of restaurants and delivery services that accept crypto.
What cryptocurrencies can I use to buying food?
BitPay supports Bitcoin, major alt coins, tokens, and stablecoins. We are constantly evaluating and adding new coins. Currently we support Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB), Litecoin (LTC), XRP (XRP), Dai (DAI), Wrapped bitcoin (WBTC), Gemini USD (GUSD), USD Coin (USDC), Binance USD (BUSD), ApeCoin (APE) and Euro Coin (EUROC).
What food delivery services accept crypto?
Currently the main food delivery services that accept cryptocurrency payments are Menufy and Takeaway (EU). However, you may also buy UberEats and DoorDash gift cards with crypto through the BitPay app or Extension.
Can I buy groceries with Bitcoin?
While no major grocery stores accept cryptocurrency (yet), you can still use crypto to pay for groceries. Sign up for the BitPay Card and use at any grocery store that accepts Mastercard. Alternatively, you can buy gift cards to popular grocery stores like Whole Foods and Walmart in the BitPay app or Extension.
How do I accept Bitcoin and cryptocurrency payments in my restaurant?
BitPay makes it easy for restaurant owners to accept Bitcoin in their restaurant. Contact us to get started!