Buying a car with Bitcoin may sound far-fetched. But with the value of cryptocurrency rising and mainstream adoption booming, using Bitcoin to buy a car is easier than you think. Go ahead and get your Lambo.
Why Buy a Car with Cryptocurrency
There are several reasons why crypto enthusiasts would choose to buy a car with Bitcoin:
- It may be time to cash out or retire from crypto investing, and your dream car is easily exchangeable for cryptocurrency
- It may be easier to buy a car with crypto than sell on an open exchange for cash equivalent
- Sellers bullish on cryptocurrency may give a discount for crypto payments
How to Buy a Car with Cryptocurrency
If you’d like to buy a car with cryptocurrency you’ll generally have three choices:
- Buy directly from a dealership that accepts cryptocurrency payments via BitPay
- Buy directly from a private seller that accepts cryptocurrency
- Finance your purchase and use the BitPay Card to make car payments
Buy Directly with BitPay Partners
Several forward thinking car dealerships leverage BitPay to accept cryptocurrency payments in exchange for your dream car.
All you need to buy a car with Bitcoin is an email address and a crypto wallet with the appropriate funds. A BitPay email invoice is generated and sent directly to your email. From there you can scan the QR code or input the receiving wallet’s information and you'll be driving off in your new Bitcoin Lambo.
Buy cars with cryptocurrency from one of our trusted partners:
- Lamborghini of Newport Beach - The premier Lamborghini dealer in California.
- RM Sotheby's - Buy classic, exotic, and antique cars at auction, all with cryptocurrency.
- Vegas Auto Gallery - The best dealer in Las Vegas specializing in high-line vehicle sales and services.
- Mecum Auctions - Find the classic collector car of your dreams and buy it with Bitcoin.
- Post Oak Motors - The nation’s first Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Bugatti dealership to accept Bitcoin payments.
- Rahal Ducati Indianapolis - Get hooked on the speed and heritage of luxury Ducati motorcycles.
- Import Marques - European-based prestige car export specialists for both Left-Hand Drive (LHD) and Right-Hand Drive (RHD) cars. Have the perfect car exported straight to your country.
- Exclusive Automotive Group - Exclusive Automotive Group is the Premier Authorized Dealer for Aston Martin of Washington DC and Bentley Washington D.C.
Want to accept cryptocurrency for your auto sales business? We make it easy.Get Started
Buy From a Private Seller
Buying a car with Bitcoin from a private seller is possible, though less likely than finding qualified dealerships that accept crypto. Similar to buying a house with Bitcoin, the biggest hurdle will be finding a seller willing to accept cryptocurrency for the car. However, once you do find a private car seller that accepts crypto, the process will be as simple as any cash exchange. Simply use your preferred crypto wallet to transfer the funds to the private seller and have them transfer ownership as they would with any other sale.
Use the BitPay Card to Pay for a Car with Crypto
The BitPay crypto card lets you use crypto like cash. This means you can put a down payment on a car, make monthly payments, and even pay for your car insurance with crypto. Use the BitPay Card like you would any other debit card. Instead of pulling funds from a bank account, our card connects to the BitPay Wallet app. Load up to $25,000 worth of crypto per month. You can even pull cash from an ATM with the card.
The only wallet you need to take control of your assets
Cars You Can Buy with Bitcoin
Between direct crypto payments through a dealer, a private seller, or using the BitPay Card, you can buy practically any car with Bitcoin or your favorite cryptocurrency.
To put things into perspective, we’ve created this realtime chart to show how much some of the most sought after cars cost in Bitcoin based on their MSRP.
Bugatti Chiron Super Sport
The Bugatti Chiron Super Sport is one of the most expensive cars off the lot. With the ability to break 300 mph, this car might just be able to get you to the moon. Price tag: $3.1 million
If you're into saving the environment and driving a really fast car, this is the one. The Evija boasts an all electric power train and claims 2000 hp, making it the most powerful hypercar in existence. Price tag: $2.1 million
The McLaren 765LT is basically a street legal track car. Maybe your neighbor already has a Lamborghini or Ferrari. This isn't a bad choice to stand out from the crowd. Price tag: $388k
Ferrari F8 Tributo
For those who haven't had the luxury of driving a Ferrari before, this is where you want to start. The F8 Tributo is as fast as it is fun to drive. And it's really fast. Price tag: $276k
Lamborghini Huracan EVO
Lambo when? How about right now? The Lamorghini Huracan is what we've all hodl'd for. And it's every bit of neck-breaking supercar we expected. Including the price. Price tag: $229k
Phantom Rolls Royce
For those who already have a supercar in their fleet, the Rolls-Royce Phantom offers incredible luxury. Just make sure you have a chauffeur so you can truly enjoy the ride. Price tag: $530k
The 911 is the everyday sports car for good reason. Incredible performance is packed into a tight car that doesn't look out of place in a Whole Foods parking lot. While it's no bargain, it is priced slightly lower than your Ferraris or Lambos. Price tag: $161k
Mercedes-Benz G-Class G 63 AMG
Want to feel like a superstar while off-roading where no one can see you? The G63 delivers on that oddly specific dream. It comes complete with surprisingly good acceleration, rock climbing off-road capabilities, and timeless luxury that Mercedes Benz is known for. Price tag: $156k
FAQs About Buying Cars with Bitcoin
What cryptocurrency can I use to buy a car?
BitPay can facilitate payments made with Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB), Litecoin (LTC), XRP (XRP), Dai (DAI), Binance USD (BUSD), USD Coin (USDC), Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), Pax Dollar (USDP), and Gemini Dollar (GUSD). The specific crypto used will be up to you and the seller.
What cars can I buy with cryptocurrency?
When you buy your car through one of BitPay's partners or use the BitPay Card to make payments, you can use cryptocurrency to buy any car you choose.
Does Carvana accept Bitcoin?
No, currently Carvana does not accept Bitcoin as payment. However, you can use the BitPay Card to spend Bitcoin like cash and make your car payments.
I am a car dealership and want to accept Bitcoin. How can I start?
BitPay makes it easy for your car sales organization to accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. Contact us to get started.