We’re celebrating the top moments of 2022. Join us for a look at last year and all the progress that BitPay and our merchants have accomplished, even in a bear market. BitPay focused on supporting new coins, product launches for consumers, supporting new networks and so much more! We’ll also look at top merchants who made the news for accepting crypto.
In This Issue:
In 2022, BitPay saw the number of crypto payments grow by nearly 20%. Let's dive into the top-performing coins, wallets, gift cards and more.
Top Coins by Transaction Volume and Count
There was no surprise that Bitcoin was the top-performing coin by volume in 2022, representing 54% of all sales. We also saw that SHIB sales grew 1233%, Litecoin sales grew 243%, XRP sales grew 76% and DAI sales grew 61%.
Buy crypto with a credit card, debit card, Apple Pay or Google Pay. Delivered quickly to any wallet, no hidden fees or third-party custody. Buy online now!
Top Wallets by Transaction Count
The BitPay Wallet was the top-performing wallet in 2022 for payments. Trust Wallet was the second, Metamask was third, Exodus was fourth and Coinbase was the fifth.
Want to learn more about the BitPay Wallet? Learn about the benefits of our self-custody wallet.
Top Gift Cards by Transaction Volume
Here are the top 7 gift cards purchased for 2022. Walmart leads the gift card category. Check out the rest of the gift cards that followed.
Top Industries by Transaction Volume and Count
Check out the top industries by transaction volume and by transaction count. Internet services lead the category by volume with Gold and Precious Metals leading the way by transaction count.
New Products and Services from BitPay in 2022
3 New Coins Supported by BitPay
BitPay announced that we support 3 new coins: Euro Coin (EUROC), ApeCoin (APE) and Polygon (MATIC)! This means merchants using BitPay to accept crypto now have over 15 coins they can accept as payment from crypto customers.
Lightning and Polygon Networks Join BitPay
The crypto world constantly evolves, and BitPay is always excited to support the innovations happening within the industry. These 2 new networks, Lightning Network and Polygon Network, allow merchants even more opportunities to reach new customers with easy solutions to accept crypto.
BitPay Merchants Leading the Adoption in 2022
Our new and longtime BitPay merchants made the news this year, announcing new and innovative ways they are adopting crypto.
- Now you can buy your movie tickets online with Dogecoin and Shiba Inu through the world's largest movie chain, AMC Theatres, with BitPay! Adam Aron, AMC Theatres CEO, took to Twitter to announce the exciting news. The decision to expand their crypto payment acceptance abilities comes from the overwhelming response from crypto enthusiasts on Twitter.
- Gucci announced this year that they would expand their cryptocurrency acceptance with one of the newest coins to join BitPay, ApeCoin. They were the first major brand to accept ApeCoin in-store through BitPay. This exciting announcement followed their announcement in May that they accept crypto in select stores.
- We aren't the only ones excited about having the Polygon network in the BitPay app! Introducing the first Luxury Auto Dealership to accept Polygon, Vegas Auto Gallery. Check out their video announcement.
New Products for Consumers
Key Platforms Enabling More Businesses to Accept Crypto
- Have a Shopify site? Want to accept crypto payments from across the world? BitPay’s Shopify integration makes it safe and simple to accept Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, ApeCoin and all of the other top cryptocurrencies on your Shopify site. The app is safe, easy to set up and free to install. Learn more about the Shopify integration.
- BigCommerce allows B2B and B2C merchants the ability to accept cryptocurrency payments without ever having to hold crypto or being exposed to crypto market volatility risk. Learn more about the BigCommerce integration.
- With Gr4vy's no-code payment orchestration platform (POP), merchants can now implement and offer BitPay's advanced crypto payment options without assuming added crypto risk, fear of chargebacks, fraud or high transaction fees while expanding into new global markets.
- Keela, a fundraising CRM for nonprofits, enables more nonprofits to accept crypto through their donation forms. Keela uses BitPay plugins to securely accept bitcoin payments in the Keela platform. Keela has helped nonprofits around the world to raise over $2 billion.
Don't forget, BitPay also has integrations with UATP, the low-cost payment network privately owned by the world’s airlines, and Verifone, a global FinTech leader and payment solution provider to the world’s largest retail brands.
Word of the Month: Litecoin
Recently, Litecoin (LTC) gained significant traction as a go-to coin for purchases at leading electronics, video games, gold and jewelry and other ecommerce websites. Learn More about Litecoin's rise and why it is cementing itself as the digital currency of choice for payments. Learn more about Litecoin with this visual from Blockchain Learning Center!
Condos.com Condo of The Month: The Residences at 1428 Brickell
Built by renowned Miami development firm Crescent Heights, 600 Miami World Center is the latest luxury condo with a highly profitable capacity for short-term rentals (Airbnb) featuring Studios to 2 Bedrooms.
The Residential tower is in the heart of The Miami World Center, the new center of the city with a mix of office, retail, hospitality and residences. Each unit is fully finished and furnished thoughtfully curated by award-winning design firm, The Design Agency. All come with floor-to-ceiling glass windows with custom window treatment and beautiful balconies with spectacular views.
The project features a 24-hour attended lobby, a dedicated co-working space, a resident lounge and an entertaining space. Enjoy the days in the stunning rooftop swimming pool with resort seating or get fit in the world-class state-of-the-art fitness center with an outdoor private training area by Homage Fitness.
Buy Today and get crypto rebates exclusively with Condos.com.
COST: Condos starting from $395,000
ADDRESS: 600 NE 1st Ave, Miami, FL 33132, USA