When it comes to curbing hunger pangs, it’s tough to beat the convenience of food delivery services like Uber Eats and DoorDash. Whether you’re battling a late-night snack attack at home or ordering lunch for the entire office, these services will bring meals from your favorite restaurants straight to your door.
But did you know you can pay for Uber Eats and DoorDash deliveries with crypto? Read on to learn more, it’s probably easier than you think. Bon appétit!
How to order food from Uber Eats, DoorDash and other food delivery services with Crypto
BitPay gives you three easy options to buy food with Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency:
- Buy gift cards for food delivery services like DoorDash and Uber Eats using your crypto wallet
- Use the BitPay Card to spend crypto like cash
- Order food using Menufy or Takeaway.com and pay straight from your crypto wallet
Buy prepaid gift cards for DoorDash and Uber Eats
BitPay makes it fast and easy to turn your crypto into prepaid gift cards you can spend just like cash at hundreds of merchants across a variety of categories, including DoorDash and Uber Eats. Check out our Merchant Directory for a complete list of companies that accept crypto payments, either directly or through a prepaid gift card. Getting started converting your crypto to gift cards takes only a few steps:
- Download the BitPay App.
- Tap the Shop with Crypto tab in the app.
- Select your preferred food delivery service, like DoorDash and Uber Eats.
- Enter the amount you’d like to load onto the card between $25 and $1000.
- Select the wallet and cryptocurrency you want to use to buy the prepaid Uber Eats or DoorDash gift card.
- Confirm your transaction.
- You’ll receive your gift card instantly and can use it immediately. It can even be added to Apple Pay or Google Pay for easier access.
Another tip: Buy gift cards for plenty of other restaurants that accept crypto in our Merchant Directory.
Use the BitPay Card to order food delivery
For even greater flexibility, the BitPay Card allows you to spend your crypto anywhere that Mastercard is accepted. Use the card with DoorDash, Uber Eats, GrubHub and any other with any food delivery service. You can even order food delivery with your local restaurants that use their own delivery service.
The BitPay Card offers fee-free instant conversion of Bitcoin or more than a dozen other cryptocurrencies into dollars every time you swipe. Getting one of your own couldn’t be easier, and only takes about 10 minutes start to finish.
- Download the BitPay App.
- Apply and get approved instantly.
- Load the BitPay Wallet or connect your Coinbase account.
As soon as you’re approved you’ll receive a virtual Mastercard debit card, which you can start using right away at millions of retailers. Use the card online or connect to Apple Pay and Google Pay to use in-person. You also have the option for a physical card that can be sent right to your door. After that, you’ll have crypto spending power in your pocket at all times, whether on your mobile device or in your purse or wallet.
Order food delivery with crypto using Menufy
As an alternative option, BitPay partner Menufy allows you to pay for takeout or delivery from local restaurants or national chains directly from your crypto wallet.
- Visit Menufy.com and enter your address to find restaurant options near you
- Select the items you want to order.
- Choose cryptocurrency as your payment method.
- Pay with your preferred wallet and Bitcoin or any other supported cryptocurrency.
- Wait for the knock at the door and enjoy your food!.
Europeans, fear not. You can get the very same service on your side of the pond using Takeaway.com.
FAQs about paying for food delivery with crypto
Which food delivery services accept Bitcoin/crypto?
For now, Uber Eats, Grubhub and DoorDash do not accept direct crypto payments. Menufy is one of the only services in the U.S. that does, which opens up a large number of local delivery options for those who want to spend crypto. The European equivalent is Takeaway.com, which also accepts direct crypto payments. Buying gift cards for restaurants and food delivery services or using the BitPay Card is the most flexible option to pay for food delivery with crypto.
Which cryptocurrencies can I use to pay for food delivery?
BitPay offers a variety of options for purchasing prepaid gift cards with crypto. Gift cards can be bought with cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB), Litecoin (LTC), XRP (XRP), Dai (DAI), Wrapped bitcoin (WBTC), Gemini USD (GUSD), USD Coin (USDC), and Binance USD (BUSD).
What takeout restaurants accept crypto payments?
If you’re looking to order takeout instead of delivery, only a few restaurants currently accept direct crypto payments. However, a large number of takeout restaurants accept gift cards, which can be purchased with crypto through BitPay. This includes quick service and sit-down favorites like Bonefish Grill, Chili’s, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Steak ‘n Shake and many more. See BitPay’s Merchant Directory for a complete list of restaurants that accept crypto and restaurant gift cards you can buy with crypto.