Thanks for joining us for this month’s cryptie of all the latest news about all things crypto and BitPay! We’ve got exciting events and webinars coming up over the next few months that you wouldn’t want to miss. We’re continuing to welcome new merchants to BitPay, including Sling TV and Australia’s 1st Energy. Don't forget to check out our merchant spotlight, charity spotlight and marketing spotlight!
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
Here are all things BitPay from this month. Read about what we're doing to help shape the crypto world:
- Check out the latest Nilson Report’s guide on how and where you can spend your crypto.
- Read Pymnts.com’s recent article on the continued growth of payment processors for cryptocurrency.
- Billion-dollar companies have moved from exploring crypto projects to now relying on the distributed ledger to “do serious work, per Forbes Blockchain 50 2022.
- BitPay CEO, Stephen Pair, shares his thoughts on how “Bitcoin’s future as a payments tool is bright.”
- Read Forbes’ article on how the pandemic accelerated the adoption of alternative payments, including cryptocurrency.
Other Industry News
There's never a dull moment in the crypto world. Find out what's happening:
- Learn why stablecoins are surging in recent years.
- Crypto donations to Ukrainian soldiers and citizens sore as war rages on. Read more about it from Yahoo Finance.
- Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, has set up their home base in Bahrain, giving it the title of Middle East’s crypto hub instead of Dubai.
- ConsenSys, a blockchain startup focused on allowing users to build on Ethereum, announced their Series D funding of $450 million, which includes Microsoft as an investor.
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
We have another exciting month of new businesses joining BitPay. Check out this month's latest merchants now accepting crypto:
- 1st Energy - a leading Australian energy retailer
- AMC Theatres - the world’s largest movie theater chain
- American Lung Association - a nonprofit fighting to rid the world of lung disease
- Citizen Watch Co. - an innovator of fine watches
- Makai Yachts - a builder of luxury power catamarans
- Sling TV - an American streaming television service
Join us at BitPay 2022!
Bitcoin 2022 is coming next month, and we’ll be back again with our big wheel full of new and exciting prizes! All cardholders get the chance to spin the wheel and win a prize. Learn what else to expect from BitPay at Bitcoin 2022.Read More
BitPay Merchant Spotlight: AMC Theatres
Now you can buy your movie tickets online with Dogecoin and Shiba Inu through the world's largest movies chain, AMC Theaters, with BitPay! Adam Aron, AMC Theaters CEO, took to Twitter to announce the exciting news. The decision to expand their crypto payment acceptance abilities comes from the overwhelming response from crypto enthusiasts on Twitter.
BitPay Charity Spotlight: American Lung Association
For 115 years, the American Lung Association has been fighting for the vision of a world free of lung disease. Now you can donate your crypto to help save lives! Your tax-deductible donation funds lung disease and lung cancer medical research, new treatments, CT screenings, lung health education and more.Donate Now
Upcoming Webinar with Forrester [Guest Speaker]
You don't want to miss this webinar on how businesses can boost sales and earn trust by tapping into the massive cryptocurrency market!
Webinar: Will Customers Spend Bitcoin? How Businesses Can Boost Sales and Earn Trust by Tapping Massive Cryptocurrency Market
When: March 10 from 1:00 - 1:45 pm EST
Speakers: Bill Zielke, CMO, BitPay; Bob Denison, CEO, Denison Yacht Sales; and Lily Varon, Senior Analyst, Forrester [Guest Speaker]Register Now
Word of the Month: Dapp
A Dapp, also known as a decentralized application, is a software application, like a digital app or website, that runs on a peer-to-peer decentralized network. It’s similar to how cryptocurrency is decentralized money. You can use several protocols to build a Dapp, but Ethereum is the largest. Dapps can be a variety of things from a social network, games, marketplaces, and the list goes on. So why would users want to participate on a Dapp? Because creators can’t sell user data or ban someone from the social platform.
Product Spotlight: BitPay Card
The BitPay card lets you spend your crypto like cash instantly. Now you can convert your crypto into dollars with zero fees using the BitPay prepaid debit card. It’s easy to get the card! All you have to do is download the app, load the wallet and order the card. Once approved, you’ll be able to start using your virtual BitPay Card or order the physical card to us in everyday purchases.
Check out the BitPay Card to learn more!
Marketing Spotlight: BitPay Brackets
Which cryptocurrency has the potential to go all the way? Vote in the BitPay Brackets for your favorite coin in these head-to-head matchups. Coins getting the most votes in each round will play in the next rounds and then compete in the BitPay Brackets championship game. You’ll get to one vote per email address. Ten lucky voters, who vote in each round, will be chosen at random will receive prizes of an APMEX Silver Bitcoin or custom BitPay Vans.
- First Round: March 17, 2022
- Second Round: March 25, 2022
- Third Round: April 1, 2022
- Championship: April 4, 2022
Did You Know?
You can buy your favorite cryptos with Apple Pay in the BitPay Wallet app! You can purchase Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and more cryptocurrencies in just a few easy steps.
Pacaso Home of The Month: Lani
Beautiful & prestigious Kapalua is home to whales and turtles, and it could be your home, too. This ground-level, newly remodeled condo offers a front-row seat to waves crashing against Makaluapuna Point and golfers teeing off on the 17th hole of Kapalua Bay Course.
Cost: $1,450,000 for 1/4 ownership
Address: 102 Ironwood Lane #102, Lahaina, HI
Don't put your second home dreams on hold for another minute. Pacaso's modern and professionally managed co-ownership model allows you to own a second home for less cost and hassle.
What will the price of Bitcoin be at the end of 2022? What about the price of DOGE, LTC, SHIB? Do you have a favorite merchant or brand that you would love to see accept crypto in 2022? Share your thoughts and predictions by completing these fun polls.