BitPay Checkout for Magento 2
Accept blockchain payments on your Magento-based e-commerce site with BitPay's open source Plugin.
- Magento 2.x
- A BitPay merchant account:
- Upload all files to your Magento 2 installation root
- Login to your server, and in the root of your Magento 2 install, run the following commands:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento module:enable BitpayCheckout_BPCheckout
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- Flush your Magento 2 Caches
php bin/magento cache:flush
You can now activate BitPay in the Sales->Configuration->Sales->Payment Methods
After you have installed the BitPay plugin, the configuration steps are:
Create an API token from your BitPay merchant dashboard
- Login to your BitPay merchant account and go to the API token settings
- click on the Add new token button: indicate a token label (for instance: Magento 2), uncheck "Require Authentication" and click on the Add Token button
- Copy the token value
Log in to your Magento admin panel, click on Stores and then click on Configuration (under settings). Under the drop down Sales menu, click on Payment Methods. This will give you access to the BitPay plugin settings:
- Paste the token value into the appropriate field: Development Token for token copied from the sandbox environment (test.bitpay.com) and Production Token for token copied from the live environment (bitpay.com)
- select the endpoint - Test or Production
- Payment from Specific Countries - You MUST select the countries to enable BitPay to appear in the checkout.
- Click Save config at the bottom of the page
This plugin also includes an IPN (Instant Payment Notification) endpoint that will update your Magento 2 order status.
An order note will automatically be added with a link to the BitPay invoice to monitor the status:
- Initially your order will be in a Pending status when it is intially created
- After the invoice is paid by the user, it will change to a Processing status
- When BitPay finalizes the transaction, it will change to a Complete status, and your order will be safe to ship, allow access to downloadable products, etc.
- If you decide to refund a payment via your BitPay dashboard, the Magento 2 order status will change to Closed once the refund is executed.