Thanks for tuning back in to learn about the exciting new BitPay happenings this month! As always, we have exciting news to share from BitPay headquarters, and we're welcoming new merchants to the crypto world. Learn about this month's spotlights!
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
Check out the latest news from BitPay this month:
- BitPay is now integrated with the Brave Wallet so users can now shop with crypto at thousands of top merchants online and in-store, including Newegg, APMEX, PacSun, AMC Theatres, and airBaltic.
- BitPay remains in the top five crypto wallets during this crypto spring.
- Check out the Crypto Wallet Market Report 2023 and BitPay's role in this crypto wallet landscape.
Stay In the Know
Check out the latest from the BitPay Blog:
- Learn about the benefits of self-custody your crypto.
- Dollar-cost averaging (DCA) is a time-honored investment strategy that involves purchasing set amounts of stock at regular intervals. Read more now.
- BitPay is now integrated with Brave Wallet to make seamless crypto payments.
- The fourth Bitcoin halving, anticipated to take place in April or May of 2024, is a significant event in the history of the network. It will see the amount of block rewards paid to Bitcoin miners once again cut in half, this time to 3.125 Bitcoins per new block.
- What’s Going On with Bitcoin Congestion and Transaction Fees? Bitcoin fees are known to rise and fall sporadically. However, over the last few weeks, we’ve seen an unusual spike in fees, reaching heights of more than $30.
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
- Baker Tilly - Leading advisory tax and assurance firm dedicated to customized business solutions that generate and sustain growth
- Heal the Divide - Donate your crypto to Presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
- Vivek 2024 - Donate your crypto to Presidential candidate Vivek
Merchant Spotlight: London Lions
The UK-based basketball team, the London Lions, supports 16 different cryptocurrencies and more than 100 different crypto wallets and exchanges including BitPay, Coinbase, Exodus Wallet, Ledger Wallet, Trust Wallet, Electrum Wallet, Blockchain Wallet, Metamask, Crypto.com, BRD Wallet and more.
Charitable Spotlight: Amazon Watch
In honor of the four children who survived 40 days in the Amazon after their plane crashed, we are featuring Amazon Watch as our charitable spotlight of the month. Since 1996, Amazon Watch has been on a mission to protect the rainforest and advance the rights of Indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin.
Word of the Month: Metaverse
The metaverse is a digital space that uses virtual or augmented realities. You can think of it as a 3D version of the internet. Users can enter the immersive, digital world to socialize, play, work or collaborate in this and use NFTs, tokens and other digital assets.
Product Spotlight: Brave Wallet
Brave Wallet users can now shop with crypto at thousands of top merchants online and in-store, including Newegg, APMEX, PacSun, AMC Theatres, and airBaltic through BitPay. Crypto payments are now seamlessly made from the Brave Wallet to pay for everyday purchases, travel, and large ticket items. BitPay supports the top cryptocurrencies, ensuring Brave Wallet users can use their preferred coin to make payments.
Marketing Spotlight: June Litecoin Giveaway
May's giveaway winners have been announced and emails have been sent! Don't miss out on this month's giveaway. Litecoin has become the 2nd most popular cryptocurrency transacted via BitPay. To help celebrate we're giving away $250USD of Litecoin to one (1) lucky winner. This sweepstakes is open to United States only.
Check out this month's merchant shoutouts:
- Shop APMEX’s silver and gold popular categories, including pop culture collectibles. Shop now!
- OneGold gives you direct ownership of vaulted gold, silver, and platinum at an ultra-low cost. Start your free account today.
- Buy a domain name with Namecheap today!
- Ready to start accepting crypto with your Shopify business? Get started today with the BitPay app!
- Instantly deploy high-performance cloud servers, cloud GPUs, bare metal, and cloud storage worldwide with Vultr. New users receive $100 to test their platform.
- Use BrandBucket to name your business.
- Shop US stores and have your items reliably shipped back home with Qwintry
BitPay’s Shopify integration gives you a fast, easy and safe way to receive cryptocurrency payments from around the world. Last July, BitPay updated our Shopify integration to be compatible with the latest Shopify checkout.
If you are a current merchant and haven't updated, it only takes a few minutes. Unfortunately, by not updating your integration, your customers are no longer able to make crypto payments at checkout. Please reference our step-by-step guide on how to update to the latest integration and begin accepting crypto payments again.
Want to accept crypto with our Shopify integration? Sign up now!