Despite the traditional end of year slowdown, the BitPay world is seeing plenty of exciting updates of new merchants and new product launches. We’re excited to share that Shiba Inu is the newest coin in the BitPay app, and the excitement in the SHIBArmy grows even more with Newegg and AMC Theaters announcing that they’ll now be accepting payments with the cryptocurrency. Need last minute gift ideas for your holiday shopping? We have plenty of ideas of where to shop! Additionally, checkout the newest BitPay merchants, our BitPay Merchant Spotlight, our BitPay Charitable Spotlight, or read our guides on how to shop with or gift crypto.
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) is the newest crypto available for merchants to accept on the BitPay platform. Check out our press release to learn more..
- BitPay CEO, Stephen Pair, discusses predictions that crypto will continue to see adoption. Watch the video on CNBC now.
- Last month we shared news on the Eight Sleep and BitPay partnership to offer Eight Sleep’s customers a $150 crypto rebate for a limited time. Eight Sleep shared the success of the promotion and how it was a great fit for their younger consumers’ lifestyles and values.
- Litecoin tweeted that they were the second most transacted crypto last month on the BitPay platform.
- Nexon America, Inc. is now allowing players to purchase in-game items with cryptocurrencies using BitPay. Read the announcement here.
- Eight Sleep’s crypto-focused promotion helped lead to one of their most successful sales periods year to date. Find out how they did it here.
- Oaza Beverages, a healthy better-for-you cold brew coffee company, announced that they will start accepting cryptocurrency via BitPay.
- BitPay CEO, Stephen Pair, explains why the Taproot update is a “gamechanger” in this Payments article.
Other Industry News
90% of the total bitcoin supply has been mined. Find out more about this news and other crypto related updates below:
- Advisors are encouraging all investors to diversify their portfolio with crypto with the guidance of financial advisors and planners to determine the right investments.
- Australia has seen an increase in crypto investors from 18.4% in 2020 to 28.8% this year.
- Newegg announced that they’ll be accepting Shiba Inu with the largest DOOH Billboard in North America. Newegg has been a longtime early adopter of crypto.
- Nearly one-third of hedge fund managers plan to add crypto to their portfolios in the near future. Find out why hedge funds are warming up to crypto in this article.
- As of Monday morning, 90% of the total bitcoin supply of 21 million has been mined. Learn more about this and 4 other crypto updates.
- The largest online bank in Switzerland is reportedly preparing to launch its own cryptocurrency trading platform. Read more here.
- 5 More crypto related updates, including how El Salvador plans to create a ‘Bitcoin City’ and raise $1 billion via a ‘Bitcoin Bond’.
- Magnum Real Estate Group is selling the first Bitcoin-payment-only commercial real estate property in NYC for $29 Million. Read more here.
Key BitPay Stats for November
We saw a more than 5% increase in our payment count from last month. Find out what Cryptos and Wallets customers are using below.
BitPay’s Payment Count total was 79,030 (vs. 75,330 for October)
Top Payment Count by Cryptocurrency:
- Bitcoin: 55.44%
- Litecoin: 14.78%
- Bitcoin Cash: 9.83%
- Ethereum: 9.28%
- Dogecoin: 6.68%
Top Payment Count by Wallet:
- BitPay: 32.98%
- Coinbase: 11.35%
- Trust: 7.78%
- Exodus: 7.25%
- Metamask: 4.98%
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
We have another exciting month of new businesses joining BitPay. Check out this month’s diverse merchants now accepting crypto:
- Hyprr - Social NFT platform powered by the Blockchain (Online Checkout)
- MainGear - Innovative high performance PC system builder (Online Checkout)
- Nexon America Inc. - Online video game publisher (Online Checkout)
- Presidio - Global digital systems integrator (Email Billing)
- RoomsToGo.com - Affordable home furniture (Online Checkout)
- VRWorldNYC - North America’s largest virtual reality club (Online Checkout)
BitPay Merchant Spotlight: Wrist Aficionado
Wrist Aficionado is the go-to website for buying, selling or repairing a luxury watch, as well as purchasing brand name handbags, fine jewelry and other accessories. Although they have been in the retail & wholesale trade of luxury watches since 2018, they have been in service for over 30 years.
They implement the perfect blend of competitive pricing, an honest & reliable corps of customer service professionals who are always willing to assist, and state-of-the-art, New York City-based fulfillment centers capable of delivering products to every corner of the world.
To discover all the exclusive brands they carry and browse their amazing luxury items, you can visit their website.
BitPay Charitable Spotlight: Sea-Watch.org
Sea-Watch.org has been dedicated to sea rescue since 2015 because thousands of people drown every year trying to reach a safe harbor in the EU seeking a safe and more humane life. To date, they have been involved in the rescue of well over 35,000 people. In just 2021, they rescued more than 1,800 people through five challenging missions, who were rescued while in distress at sea. Relying solely on donations, they’re continuing their efforts at the world’s deadliest border during the winter months and stand up for safe and legal escape routes.
Word of the Month: Hyperbitcoinization
Hyperbitcoinization is the theory of bitcoin surpassing all global currencies, including the US dollar, to become the world’s reserve currency and, ultimately, the world’s only currency. In order for hyperbitcoinization to happen, there would need to be a devaluation of the world’s major currencies, which would force governments and people to adopt The Bitcoin Standard.
Product Spotlight: Shiba Inu
Shiba Inu (SHIB) joins the lineup of coins now available on the BitPay platform! Merchants can immediately accept Shiba Inu (SHIB) for payments, and consumers can buy, store and swap SHIB in the BitPay Wallet app.
Shiba Inu and the SHIBArmy have been in the news due to AMC Theaters and Newegg announcing that they'll be accepting this crypto through BitPay. AMC Theaters CEO, Adam Aron, took to Twitter to allow his followers to vote if SHIB should be accepted. The SHIBArmy did not disappoint with 81.4% of voters saying yes to this crypto. Newegg announced their acceptance of this token with the debut of the largest digital-out-of-home (DOOH) billboard in downtown Los Angeles. As the first major eCommerce company to accept Bitcoin, Newegg is not new to accepting crypto as payment.
Want to accept Shiba Inu and other crypto? Request to speak with with a BitPay representative now.
Marketing Spotlight: How to Shop with & Give the Gift of Crypto
Holiday shopping with crypto? Yes, please! Check out our latest guide on the top ways to holiday shop with your crypto. To start:
- Pay for your holiday gifts with the BitPay card Learn more>>
- Pay for holiday gifts by buying gift cards in the BitPay app or extension Learn more>>
- Buy holiday gifts directly from merchants that accept crypto Learn more>>
Here is our latest guide to the best gift to give this holiday season. Giving someone crypto is a great way to help them grow their investments.
Did You Know?
Exploring the world with your crypto is now easier than ever. Not only are popular airlines, booking sites, and hotel groups are starting to accept crypto, but entire cities and countries are also embracing Bitcoin as an accepted form of payment, making it even easier to fund your next vacation with crypto.
Pacaso Home of The Month: Riviera
With views of the ocean below and the mountains above, this 4-bedroom, 5-bathroom home is the ultimate retreat. The open concept floor plan is anchored by a great room with a sleek gourmet kitchen, dining and lounge area. They open to either a private, Pacific-view terrace just steps from the pool or a walled, gated garden with mountain vistas.
Cost: $1,085,000 for 1/8 ownership
Address: 1131 Las Alturas Rd, Santa Barbara, CA
BitPay Coin Polls
Got a favorite BitPay supported cryptocurrency? Tell us which coin you prefer most and see how it ranks amongst other cryptocurrencies by voting here.
We’re always looking to innovate and expand our product. Let us know which coin(s) you want us to support next.
Forrester Study Shows Accepting Crypto Attracts New Customers & Boosts AOV
A commissioned study for BitPay from Forrester Research confirmed what merchants are already discovering in real-life practice: that businesses adopting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as payment methods experience, on average, 40% more customers, a twofold increase in order values, and fewer chargebacks, among many other benefits.