When it comes to air travel, nothing beats the luxury of a private flight. Commercial travel can’t even come close to the service, flexibility and comfort offered by a private aircraft. Today there are more options than ever for booking your next private flight with Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. Learn how to book a private flight with cryptocurrency.
How to charter private jet with Bitcoin
If you’re looking to charter a private flight with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, you’re in luck. You can pay for private flights two ways:
- Pay directly from your crypto wallet
- Use the BitPay Card to load and use crypto like cash
Charter companies that accept crypto payments
There are a wide range of companies offering private flight service who accept direct crypto payments via BitPay.
- airBaltic - Providing luxurious and convenient private flight service to the Baltics, Russia, the Middle East, and Europe.
- Cielo Aviation - Offers a range of private jet charters, air taxis, and helicopters worldwide for groups or individual travelers.
- Fast Private Jet - Provides exclusive, custom flight experiences and a dedicated service team, no matter your destination.
- JetFinder - Private jet charter service for luxury and corporate travel offering flights to over 20,000 destinations worldwide.
- LunaJets - A leading European private jet charter provider, LunaJets boasts simple, fast, and reliable bookings for your global travel needs.
- Monarch Air - Owned and operated by major airline pilots, Monarch Air offers service for occasional travelers or a Jet Program for more frequent private flyers.
- PrivateFly - Premium charter jet service offering private flights between any global airports.
- Simply Jet - Swiss-based private jet chartering company with global destinations and an emphasis on service and quality.The Aviation Factory - Offers luxurious, personalized private air travel services with efficient service and destinations around the world.
To book a flight with Bitcoin using any of these services, go through the normal purchasing process and select “BitPay” as your payment method during checkout. You can make your payment from almost any crypto wallet and pay with 12+ cryptocurrencies.
Consult our searchable Merchant Directory for even more places you can spend crypto.Related article: Everything you can buy with cryptocurrency
Use the BitPay Card to book private flights
If your service of choice isn’t in our Merchant Directory, have no fear. The most flexible option for booking a private flight with crypto is with the BitPay crypto card. Getting one of your own is fast and free.
To get started, download the BitPay app and load your crypto wallet with Bitcoin or whichever cryptocurrency you wish to book your charter. Apply for the card and get approved minutes. Your virtual card will be ready to use instantly. A physical card can be mailed to you.
Then you’re ready to spend cryptocurrency as easily as cash anywhere in the world. Use it with any jet charter service that accepts Mastercard. It’s also packed with a rich set of features, from instant reloads to contactless payments, PIN, Google Pay, Apple Pay or even cash withdrawals from compatible ATMs.
The only crypto app for jetsetters and spenders
Benefits of booking charter flights with Bitcoin
Now that you know how easy it is to book your next charter flight with Bitcoin, you might be wondering what the advantages are.
For starters, payments are made quickly and securely. The decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies means there’s no intermediary standing between the buyer and seller to slow the transaction down.
This also reduces or eliminates currency exchange fees, which are normally imposed anytime one currency is exchanged for another using centralized banking methods. Many charter companies also impose lower transaction fees when paying directly with crypto as opposed to a credit card or other payment method, which could add up to significant savings over multiple bookings.
Types of flights you can book with cryptocurrency
Whether you’re booking a private jet to kick off a tropical vacation or a helicopter for a quick jaunt between cities, you’ll find an alternative airline ready to get you to your destination. You can even book emergency medical transport or cargo flights with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
FAQs about chartering a private plane with Bitcoin
Where can I fly using Bitcoin/cryptocurrency?
Certain carriers focus on specific regions of the world, such as airBaltic. However, between BitPay’s many charter service partners, you can be whisked away to tens of thousands of global destinations in comfort and style. It’s worth noting that not all destinations are created equal when it comes to acceptance of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, so be sure to check local regulations if you’re planning to spend your crypto once you’ve made landfall. Some countries that are particularly inhospitable to Bitcoin payments include China, Egypt, Nepal, Vietnam, Algeria, Indonesia and Bolivia.
Which cryptocurrencies can I use to charter private flights?
Accepted cryptocurrencies may vary with each carrier. However, BitPay supports crypto payments in Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB), Litecoin (LTC), XRP (XRP), Dai (DAI), Wrapped bitcoin (WBTC), Gemini USD (GUSD), USD Coin (USDC), and Binance USD (BUSD).
Which crypto wallets can I use to pay for private flight charters?
BitPay and its network of private flight partners support numerous cryptocurrency wallets including the BitPay wallet, Trezor, Electrum, Ledger, Coinbase, Kraken, Bitcoin Core, Trust Wallet and nearly 100 more.
More travel guides: