Home entertainment technology has advanced to the point where you can recreate the full theater experience in the comfort of your living room. Whatever your budget, with a little planning you can make your home the place to be to watch the big game, enjoy a family movie night or host a competitive video game tournament. If you’ve always dreamed about having the ultimate home entertainment setup, now’s your chance to take the plunge. Ahead, we’ll walk you through how to buy everything you need to make that dream a reality with crypto.
How to buy TVs and entertainment systems with Bitcoin + other crypto
Assembling a home entertainment system is part art and part science. The components and accessories you purchase may vary based on your available space, but you’ll also want to take your personal preferences into account. Maybe you’re a sports nut who wants to see every blade of grass on the field in perfect clarity. Or, maybe you’re an action movie junkie who wants to feel the rumble from every explosion like you were there. Whatever your goal, there are many options for piecing together your perfect setup and paying for it with crypto.
Buy direct with merchants
If you want to buy your home entertainment setup with crypto directly, you have some solid choices of merchants who accept crypto payments.
- Newegg is a trusted electronics seller who accepts direct crypto payments through BitPay. Scan their website and you’ll find everything from TVs and audio equipment to 4K projectors and stereos, all at great everyday prices.
- Scan UK is your online source for everything you need to kit out your home entertainment system, from high-end gaming PCs to wall-thumping speaker setups.
- SlingTV offers a huge variety of live sports, TV shows and on-demand movies, all streamed through your internet connection — no cable box required.
- DishTV provides viewers with a wide range of HD TV channels, giving you the ultimate home viewing experience. With both SlingTV and DishTV, you can easily pay your monthly bill with crypto.
Convert your crypto into gift cards
Not every merchant accepts direct crypto payments (not yet, at least). But you can still buy all of the home entertainment gear you need with crypto by purchasing gift cards through BitPay.
- Best Buy is one of America’s best-known electronics retailers, offering low prices on just about any home entertainment equipment you can think of.
- GameStop has everything the avid gamer needs to add a little fun to their entertainment setup. They sell all of the latest video game consoles, games and gaming accessories that’ll have you pwning noobs in no time.
- Guitar Center caters to musicians of all experience and skill levels. If your idea of a home entertainment setup includes a place to jam out solo or with your band, you’ll find all of the guitars, amps, drum sets and accessories you’ll need on your way to the bigtime.
- Overstock.com now operates under the Bed Bath & Beyond banner, and it makes an excellent choice for buying furniture and entertainment consoles to elevate your setup.
- Pottery Barn carries a large assortment of home furnishings that will make your home entertainment setup both stylish and comfy. Need a row of reclining theater seats (including cup holders for that mega-size soda or beer)? Or a sectional sofa to fit all of your friends on game day? Pottery Barn has you covered.
- Walmart sells about anything you could possibly need to set up your home entertainment system. From big-screen 4K TVs to projectors to speaker systems, America’s biggest retailer carries it all at low prices all year long.
- World Market sells unique home accent pieces inspired by designers from around the globe that will help put the finishing touches on your home entertainment room, from end tables to couches to lamps.
Buy TVs and entertainment systems with the BitPay Card
The easiest and most convenient way to spend crypto on TVs and other home entertainment gear is the BitPay Card, which lets you spend Bitcoin and more than a dozen other cryptocurrencies as easily as cash anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
Benefits of paying for TVs with crypto
- Fast: Depending on the crypto you use, transactions can take only seconds to complete
- Secure: Crypto payments are safe, eliminating common risks of paying with credit cards
- No banks necessary: Make purchases without the headaches and fees of bank transfers
- No tricky exchange rates: Even cross-border transactions require no currency conversion
- Low fees: Pay only a small and completely transparent fee when loading up on TVs and other home entertainment gear. No more expensive wire transfer fees.
What else can I buy with crypto?
With the increasing adoption of cryptocurrency, a vast array of products and services can be purchased using Bitcoin. This includes airline tickets through various booking services, items on Amazon, and Apple products like iPhones, iPads, and Macbooks. You can also buy boats and yachts, books, cars, motorcycles, cell phones, clothes, computers, coffee, diamonds, domain names, drones, items on eBay, electronics, flowers, food, furniture, gift cards, gold, groceries, guitars, and even houses. This extensive list showcases the versatility of Bitcoin as a payment method.
FAQs about buying TVs and entertainment systems with crypto
Which cryptocurrencies can I use to buy TVs?
Through BitPay and its trusted partner merchants, you can buy your next big-screen with Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu Coin (SHIB), Litecoin (LTC), XRP (XRP), Polygon (MATIC), ApeCoine (APE), Dai (DAI), Binance USD (BUSD), USD Coin (USDC), Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), Pax Dollar (USDP) and Gemini Dollar (GUSD). We are continually evaluating and adding new coins to support.