Spend your crypto with the largest retailer in the world. Shop at Walmart and use the BitPay Wallet app and Card to purchase gifts, home essentials, tech gadgets, and more.
Does Walmart Accept Bitcoin?
Despite recent rumors of Walmart accepting crypto, Walmart does not currently accept any form of cryptocurrency. However, you can use your crypto at Walmart with BitPay. Keep reading to learn how to spend your crypto like cash on Walmart purchases.
How Can I Use Bitcoin at Walmart?
BitPay let’s Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and crypto enthusiasts pay for their Walmart purchases with cryptocurrency in two easy ways.
- Use the BitPay Card to pay for Walmart purchases
- Buy Walmart gift cards directly in the BitPay Wallet app or Extension
Spend Your Crypto at Walmart Using the BitPay Card
Similar to traditional debit cards, the BitPay Card can be used wherever MasterCard is accepted. The only difference between a traditional debit card and our crypto debit card is that instead of pulling funds from a bank account, you load the BitPay card from a crypto wallet. Start spending your Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and other coins instantly at Walmart in-store or online.
Start using your Bitcoin on Walmart purchases in minutes.
- Download the BitPay App.
- Sign up for the BitPay Card. Approval takes less than 5 minutes and a virtual card is available immediately after you’re approved.
- Load the card from any compatible wallet.
- Start shopping. Use the BitPay Card at Walmart checkout like you would any other debit card. The card can be used at physical Walmart locations or for online purchases.
That’s it! After you’ve bought everything on your Walmart wishlist you can continue to use the BitPay Card for everyday purchases, travel, entertaining, and even pay your bills with crypto.
The only crypto wallet app you need to take control of your assets.Get the App
Use Crypto at Walmart by Buying Gift Cards with Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrency
Another easy way to spend crypto at Walmart is through gift cards. BitPay allows you to buy gift cards with crypto for hundreds of shops and businesses, including Walmart.
Buying Walmart gift cards with crypto is easy in the BitPay app,
- Download the BitPay app.
- Connect any compatible wallet. BitPay connects to all popular wallets including Coinbase, Electrum, Trust, Kraken, Metamask, and many more.
- Within the BitPay app navigate to the Cards section. Select Buy Gift Cards and tap Walmart. Enter the amount of crypto you’d like to turn into Walmart cash and select your preferred wallet/asset. Once the transaction is complete a virtual Walmart gift card will be generated in the BitPay app.
- Start shopping and use your new Walmart gift card at checkout.
Once you have downloaded the App and set up your wallets, you may use the BitPay crypto extension to fund new gift card purchases
- Add the BitPay Extension to your Chrome browser.
- Sign in with your BitPay ID.
- Click on the Shopping Cart icon for a full list of gift cards available for purchase.
- Click on Walmart, then click Buy Credits. Enter the amount of crypto you’d like to turn into Walmart cash and select your preferred wallet/asset. Once the transaction is complete a virtual Walmart gift card will be generated and stored in the BitPay Extension.
Popular Stores that Accept Crypto Payments
While Walmart doesn't accept crypto payments directly, many forward-thinking retailers and companies recently went all in on accepting crypto payments. Retailers like Newegg, Lush, PacSun and other notable stores announced they would accept crypto through partnerships with BitPay. Visit BitPay's Merchant Directory for a curated list of stores that accept crypto.
Common Questions About Walmart Accepting Cryptocurrency
What cryptocurrency can I use on Walmart purchases?
Through the BitPay Card or BitPay Wallet app, you may use the following crypto to fund Walmart purchases: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Litecoin (LTC), XRP (XRP), Dai (DAI), Binance USD (BUSD), USD Coin (USDC), Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), Pax Dollar (USDP), and Gemini Dollar (GUSD). We are constantly evaluating and adding new coins.
What cryptocurrency wallets can I use on Walmart purchases?
The BitPay app and BitPay Card support the crypto community’s most popular wallets including Coinbase, Metamask, Trust, Exodus, Kraken, Electrum, and a whole lot more. Unlike many popular wallet apps, the BitPay Wallet is a non-custodial crypto wallet. This means that you, and only you, have control over your assets!
What can I buy at Walmart with crypto?
When you use BitPay to convert your crypto into dollars or Walmart gift cards, you can use your crypto to buy almost anything you want. Shop electronics, home goods, groceries, gifts, and more at Walmart using crypto.
When will Walmart accept cryptocurrency?
As of now, no news has surfaced as to when Walmart will directly accept cryptocurrency payments. Until then, using BitPay is the easiest and safest way to use crypto to fund Walmart purchases.
Which cryptocurrency will Walmart accept?
There is no news as to which specific cryptocurrency Walmart will accept (if any).
Is Walmart going to accept Litecoin?
News of Walmart’s partnership with Litecoin was a fake new release. The company officially denied it has any plans to accept Litecoin in the near future.
Can you buy Bitcoin at Walmart?
Walmart is piloting a program that allows customers to buy Bitcoin in-store at Coinstar kiosks. There are 200 Bitcoin ATM kiosks in use at Walmart stores across the United States.