BitPay now supports ApeCoin (APE), the native token of the infamous Bored Ape Yacht Club! BitPay merchants now have the ability to accept ApeCoin seamlessly. Additionally, BitPay app users can buy ApeCoin, store, swap and spend in the BitPay Wallet, plus load ApeCoin and spend instantly like cash via the BitPay Card.
ApeCoin (APE) is an ERC-20 token used across the Ape ecosystem. ApeCoin is governed by ApeCoin DAO, a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) tasked with making decisions around things like ecosystem fund allocations, governance rules, projects, partnerships and more. All holders of APE are eligible to be members of ApeCoin DAO. Read our full writeup on what ApeCoin (APE) is and how it works.
What can you do with ApeCoin?
In addition to being a governance token of the Ape ecosystem, it can also be used as a payment method across Web3 properties and BitPay merchants.
- Buy, store and swap ApeCoin in the BitPay Wallet
- Spend and send ApeCoin payments from the BitPay Wallet
- Convert ApeCoin to cash instantly with the BitPay Card and spend anywhere Mastercard is accepted
- Buy gift cards for hundreds of brands with ApeCoin from the BitPay app or extension
- Pay for Web3 experiences and games
- For businesses, accept ApeCoin payments and payout in ApeCoin to employees, vendors or customers