Welcome back to our monthly crypto update! As usual, BitPay has some thrilling updates straight from our headquarters. Plus, we're introducing new merchants to the cryptocurrency realm. Dive into this month's highlights!
In This Issue:
BitPay in the News
Check out the latest news from BitPay this month:
- BitPay payment data was cited in CoinTelegraph’s covering of Litecoin’s rise as a top payment method
- BitPay CEO, Stephen Pair, was quoted in Bloomberg’s look at bank charter regulations
Stay in the Know
Read top stories published by BitPay:
- Litecoin's halving event and what it may mean for LTC payments
- Crypto payments across Africa are on the rise - read about what’s spurring crypto’s surge in Africa
- How BitPay and it’s trusted partner platforms offer the best way to buy crypto
- Bitcoin Ordinals and how they are impacting the blockchain space
- Thinking of Accepting Crypto Payments as a Business? Here’s How 6 Major Companies Are Doing It.
Merchant Spotlight: BrandBucket
BrandBucket provides businesses with a curated selection of brandable domain names, ensuring that companies can find the perfect name to effectively represent and elevate their brand in the digital landscape.
Charitable Spotlight: American Red Cross
The American Red Cross is responding to recent disasters across our country, including the people of Hawaii and those impacted by Hurricane Hilary.
Help people affected by disasters like storms, fires and countless other crises by making a gift to American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your cryptocurrency donation enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from disasters big and small.
BitPay Welcomes Pink Sands Resort
Set in the tropical environment of Harbour Island, Pink Sands offers an inward journey toward resort escapism; with thoughtful spaces for guests to explore, get lost, or find moments of escape.
Word of the Month: Stablecoin
Stablecoins are a type of cryptocurrency whose value is “pegged” to another currency, most often the U.S. dollar. They maintain this peg through reserves of dollars, other cryptos or a mix of both kept in U.S.-controlled bank accounts. Stablecoins are frequently used as a hedge against crypto market volatility, or for generating passive income through staking or lending. Some popular stablecoins include Tether (USDT), USD Coin (USDC), Euro Coin (EUROC) and Binance Dollar (BUSD). They can be purchased or swapped in the BitPay app in addition to your favorite crypto exchanges.
Product Spotlight: XRP
Starting immediately, BitPay supports XRP worldwide. BitPay users can buy XRP, store securely with self-custody in the BitPay Wallet, buy gift cards, swap XRP and spend XRP with BitPay merchants.
Merchants can now accept XRP payments from over 100 wallets. The update will automatically be reflected within the BitPay Wallet and merchant settings. Users and merchants don’t need to make any updates to begin using and accepting XRP.
Check out this month's merchant shoutouts:
- Shop APMEX’s silver and gold popular categories, including pop culture collectibles. Shop now!
- Jomashop offers the best prices on watches, handbags, sunglasses, apparel, beauty, shoes, pens, and more with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Shop the best in luxury with Jomashop.
- OneGold gives you direct ownership of vaulted gold, silver, and platinum at an ultra-low cost. Start your free account today.
- Buy a domain name with Namecheap today!
- Ready to start accepting crypto with your Shopify business? Get started today with the BitPay app!
- Instantly deploy high-performance cloud servers, cloud GPUs, bare metal, and cloud storage worldwide with Vultr. New users receive $100 to test their platform.
- Use BrandBucket to name your business.
- Shop US stores and have your items reliably shipped back home with Qwintry