Spring is here, and we have the latest news from BitPay and the crypto world. As always, we have new merchants to share with you and don't forget to check out this month's best spotlights for the summer. We're especially excited to share the new BitPay Merchant Directory, where you can shop your favorite brands with your crypto.
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
BitPay is excited to share our four new partners and the impact this has on the crypto industry. Read about BitPay in the Spotlight:
- BitPay’s accurate payment protocol, the BitPay Protocol, is being adopted by exchange partners, Bitso and Bitstamp and wallet partners, Edge and Guarda, enabling more reliable blockchain payments.
- BitPay's four new partners (Bitso, Bitstamp, Edge, and Guarda) create the opportunity for Shiba Inu to expand to a new audience of millions of global users.
- Check out Stephen Pair’s recent fireside with PYMENTS.COM to discuss the rise in demand for spending crypto.
Other Industry News
The crypto world continues to be abuzz with new and exciting news. Check out the latest happening:
- Gucci has announced that they will start accepting crypto as payment in a few store locations in a pilot launching this month.
- Central African Republic announces that it will be the second country to accept bitcoin as legal tender.
- Aave recently announced their new project, Lens Protocol. This new project will aid developers on the Polygon blockchain in building a social network of decentralized applications.
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
We're excited to share May's new businesses:
- III forks prime steakhouse - Austin-based premier steakhouse
- Camper & Nicholsons - The global leader in all luxury yachting activities
- Cardinale Automotive Group - California dealership for quality automobiles
- Continental Diamond - One of the largest selections of diamonds, engagement rings and fashion jewelry in the Twin Cities.
- Equinox - Luxury health club in New York
- Jamestown - A global, design-focused real estate investment and management firm
- Motorenn - An automotive eCommerce startup focusing on luxury, exotic and premium used vehicles
- Tag Heuer - Luxury chronograph watches
BitPay Merchant Spotlight: Unistellar Smart Telescopes
Looking for a fun activity this summer? Shop our merchant spotlight, Unistellar, and watch the night sky. Their telescopes are perfect for beginners, astronomy experts, and everything in between. Simply choose an object in the Unistellar app and let your telescope do the rest to explore the night sky with little to no constellation knowledge. The Unistellar telescopes are designed with packing power, allowing you to carry your telescope on all your summer adventures.
BitPay Charitable Spotlight: Wounded Warrior Project
Donate your crypto to the Wounded Warrior Project dedicated to providing “life-changing programs and services to warriors and veterans.” They are dedicated to helping each warrior with their next mission in life with a variety of programs and services to help each warrior with their unique journey. Every donation allows the Wounded Warrior Project to offer its services at no cost to the warriors.
BitPay Merchant Shout Out: AMC Theatres
AMC Theatre CEO, Adam Aron, recently announced that crypto and other digital payments now account for more than 35% of its online payments. By accepting cryptocurrency as payment, they were able to use that same IT Programming to accept additional digital payments online. AMC Theatre is continuing to add new ways for customers to spend their crypto over the last few months, including accepting Dogecoin and Shiba Inu through the AMC Theatre app.
Upcoming Webinars & Events
BitPay is ramping up the events for 2022. So check out what we have coming up, and join us!
Word of the Month: Stablecoins
Stablecoins were designed to peg their market value to a currency, commodity or financial instrument to be protected from price volatility, a common characteristic of cryptocurrencies. Stablecoins reduce financial risk for investors. Popular stablecoins include USD Coin, Binance USD, Pax Dollar, Gemini USD, and DAI, which are all supported by BitPay.
Product Spotlight: Merchant Directory
Shop over 250 brands that accept cryptocurrency with the newly relaunched BitPay Merchant Directory. Find out where you can spend cryptocurrency from any wallet, and shop stores that accept Bitcoin online and in-person through BitPay.You can also buy gift cards for your favorite brands.
Shop Now: https://bitpay.com/directory/
Marketing Spotlight: Newegg's Bitcoin Pizza Day Promotion
Celebrate Bitcoin Pizza Day with Newegg’s promotion. Shop video cards, desktop PCs, hard drives and more qualifying categories with your crypto and earn a 20% rebate paid out in cryptocurrency post-purchase. Orders must be over $300 at the point of checkout with a maximum rebate is $200.
This limited-time promotion ends on May 22, 2022, PST on qualifying categories. Offer only available for Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Israel, Australia, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, and Turkey.
Newegg is able to offer this rebate through BitPay Send. This product is ideal for companies looking for a fast, efficient, and secure way to send mass payouts anywhere in the world. Get in touch with a BitPay representative today to learn more about BitPay Send.
Shop Newegg's Bitcoin Pizza Day Promotion
Did You Know? BitPay Assumes Crypto Price Volatility
Given the current state of crypto, BitPay Merchants have no reason to worry about crypto price volatility when they partner with BitPay. This is because BitPay assumes crypto price volatility for merchants. When a customer of a BitPay Merchant pays with bitcoin or another cryptocurrency supported by BitPay, the transaction is settled in US Dollars or another fiat currency minus our fee, and BitPay assumes the volatility of the crypto.
For example, if Crypto is at $30,000 and then drops down to $25,000, BitPay merchants still get the US dollar equivalent minus our fee. This is why merchants prefer to partner with us.
Want to accept cyrpto without fear of price volatility? Get in touch with a BitPay representative today.
Pacaso Home of The Month: Fox Hill
Set on 2.74 acres, Fox Hill offers a private sanctuary with 11,000 square feet of sophisticated coastal luxury. The renovated retreat has stunning views of Crows Pond, Eastward Ho and Pleasant Bay, and a private boat dock.
Cost: $1,528,000 for 1/8 ownership
Address: 558 Fox Hill Rd, Chatham, MA