Thanks for tuning back in to learn about the exciting new BitPay happenings this month! As always, we have exciting news to share from BitPay headquarters, and we're welcoming new merchants to the crypto world. Learn about this month's spotlights!
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
Check out the latest news from BitPay this month:
- Crypto apps saw a 15% rise in downloads following the collapse of Silicon Vallet Bank. Check out the list of the top 10 crypto apps for wallets and exchanges, including BitPay.
- Xeni, a blockchain-based B2B travel selling platform, announced its new strategic partnership with BitPay! As a result, Xeni users can now accept crypto payments for commercial flights, hotels, car rentals, and activities worldwide.
- Dogecoin 2021 investors are seeing a 33% growth this year. The coin’s popularity is due to Elon Musk and Mark Cuban. One factor contributing to the rise in Cuban’s announcement that the Dallas Mavericks would accept Dogecoin through BitPay.
- Check out BitPay CEO Stephen Pair’s recent podcast Blockchain.com on his take on how crypto has done from pizza to Porsche.
- Pymnts.com reported on the top rankings for crypto wallets. Check out BitPay’s ranking.
Other Industry News
Check out the latest in the crypto world:
- Bitcoin has hit $28k with the recent collapse of Silicon Valley Bank.
- Shib enthusiasts are excited by a recent tweet from PlayStation teasing an upcoming game. Additionally, PlayStation gamers can buy gift cards through BitPay.
Merchant Spotlight: KHM X Seerlight NFT Drop with Tokapi
Seerlight, Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien (KHM), and Tokapi have announced their new project Digital Renaissance, where NFTs meet classical art. Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien is one of the largest and most significant museums in the world, Seerlight is a Los Angeles-based illustrator and animator, and Tokapi is ca custodial NFT Marketplace. Select artists will reinterpret selected works from their permanent collection in their own unique style.
The museum will add one edition of each NFT to its digital collection alongside masterpieces of art history. The first drop of the collection will be on March 23rd at 7PM CET. Featuring two editions 'Hunters in the Snow' inspired by the original work of Pieter Bruegel the Elder and 'Mirage' inspired by the remarkable architecture of the KHM.
Charitable Spotlight: ForKids
Established in May 1988 to provide emergency shelter to families and children, ForKids has grown to become one of the largest providers of homeless services to families in Virginia. They believe stable housing, a great education and a healthy, diverse community are essential to the welfare of their families and deliver individualized, client-focused solutions designed to achieve stability and a lifetime of success for children. Housing placement, job coaching, tutoring and mental health coordination are just some of the services they provide.
To support this amazing cause, please visit their website here. You can find the Donate with BitPay button below the website footer.
View BitPay's curated list of non-profit partners to donate. Learn how nonprofits can accept crypto as a donation!
Product Spotlight: Xeni Plugin
Xeni, a blockchain-based B2B travel selling platform, is now integrated with BitPay to empower its users to easily accept crypto payments for commercial flights, hotels, car rentals, and activities worldwide. As part of Xeni’s no-code subscription service, travel re-sellers such as travel discount membership clubs, social media influencers, and travel agents can now accept crypto payments for travel with zero price volatility or risk – offering relief from chargebacks, fraud, and high credit card transaction fees.
Marketing Spotlight: BitPay Silver Round Giveaway Sweepstakes
We're giving away an Evolution of Money Silver Round to ten (10) lucky winners, so don't miss out on this awesome opportunity. Complete every action to unlock bonus entries! This sweepstake is open to United States only. Hurry the sweepstakes ends March 31.
Check out this month's merchant shoutouts:
- Shop APMEX’s silver and gold popular categories, including pop culture collectibles. Shop now!
- OneGold gives you direct ownership of vaulted gold, silver, and platinum at an ultra-low cost. Start your free account today.
- Buy a domain name with Namecheap today!
- Ready to start accepting crypto with your Shopify business? Get started today with the BitPay app!
- Instantly deploy high performance cloud servers, cloud GPUs, bare metal, and cloud storage worldwide with Vultr. New users receive $100 to test their platform.
- Shop US stores and have your items reliably shipped back home with Quintry
Word of the Month: Ownership
News is swirling about recent bank collapses, including Silicon Valley Bank. It’s important to remember that traditional banks and other institutions own your data and money. Be careful where you decide to invest your data and money. You can protect your finances with a self-custody wallet, like the BitPay Wallet. A self-custody wallet ensures you (and you alone) own your money.
Image Source: Blockchain Learning Center