We’ve got another exciting month of crypto news, including our integration with the Edge wallet and the announcement of four new BitPay merchants! Plus, see some of the most significant happenings in crypto and at BitPay, including our merchant, product, and charitable spotlights.
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
BitPay is excited to share our four new partners and the impact this has on the crypto industry. Read about BitPay in the Spotlight:
- The integration with BitPay Protocol and the Edge wallet enables customers to spend cryptocurrency online and in-store free of payment exceptions.
- MotoRenn, an auto retailing company, has announced that they will be accepting Shiba Inu payments through BitPay.
- The global real estate firm, Jamestown, is partnering with BitPay to accept cryptocurrency for rent payments.
- Continental Diamond's is the first jewelry store in Minnesota to allow customers to use Bitcoin as payment.
- Vueling Airline joins forces with BitPay and the UATP to accept cryptocurrencies as a method of payment.
Other Industry News
The crypto world continues to be abuzz with new and exciting news. Check out the latest happening:
- Shopify continues to make plans for their future with crypto.
- Check out the latest from Bitcoin Magazine on why more crypto users should spend their crypto to “demonstrate its usefulness as money.”
- Crypto companies are continuing to lease office spaces in New York.
- Read about the evolution of Bitcoin Pizza Day since May 22, 2010.
- AMC Theatres CEO announced that crypto and other digital payments now account for more than 35% of its online payments.
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
We're excited to welcome this month's new merchants accepting crypto through BitPay!
- Bulova - An American luxury watch company
- Continental Diamond - One of the largest selections of diamonds, engagement rings and fashion jewelry in the Twin Cities
- Dos Valles - Argentinian master planned community
- eMerge Americas - Premier global tech event convening April 2023 in Miami
- Equinox - Luxury health club in New York
- European Exotic Center - Dealer of pre-owned luxury vehicles
- Jamestown - A global, design-focused real estate investment and management
- MotoRenn - Specializes in premium vehicle purchases and trade-ins
- O'Gara Coach Westlake Village - Southern California luxury auto dealer
- Ruze Shoes - A leading internet retailer of men's shoes
BitPay Merchant Spotlight: TAG Heuer
TAG Heuer is one of the latest luxury brands to allow their customers to buy watches with crypto at checkout. Now TAG Heuer customers can shop their favorite luxury Swiss watches with 12 cryptocurrencies up to $10,000. Since 1860, TAG Heuer’s innovative watches have kept pace with the evolution of sports, and TAG Heuer is also bringing a new innovation to the luxury watch industry. Now with the TAG Heuer Connected watch, you can customize your watch face and display your NFT collection on your wrist.
Word of the Month: Crypto Payout
A crypto payout allows companies to disburse or pay out in crypto to those that prefer to be paid in crypto. Some common use cases for a crypto payout include making payroll payments, settling with marketplace sellers, paying contractors or affiliates, issuing rewards or rebates, and more.
BitPay Send is our payout solution for companies looking for a fast, efficient, and secure way to send crypto payouts anywhere in the world, on any day of the week, and at any time. BitPay Send allows you to pay out in crypto by simply adding fiat to your account and then submitting a payout request complete with recipient’s email address and amount. That's it. You never have to hold, handle, or manage the crypto.
Product Spotlight: BitPay Protocol
First launched in 2017, the BitPay Protocol ensures accurate payments by eliminating payment exceptions including overpayments, underpayments, late payments, unconfirmed payments, and potential double-spends. As the crypto industry continues to evolve and attract a significant number of new customers, payment accuracy is imperative.
The BitPay Protocol is now integrated with the Edge wallet. Learn more about how this integration enables error-free spending for customer.
Marketing Spotlight: Father's Day Gift Ideas
Father's Day is just a few days away. Need ideas for gifts? Check out our BitPay Merchant Directory and shop for their favorite brands. Whether your dad is outdoorsy, a wine enthusiast, or an NFL fan, we have over 250 companies and stores that you can shop with your bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Charitable Spotlight: ForKids
ForKids is one of the largest providers of homeless services and focused on breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty for children and families in Virginia. To help families with long-lasting stability, ForKids focuses on three areas of services: housing, education, and critical services.
Did You Know? Bitcoin May Transaction Volume
Bitcoin accounted for roughly 55% of payment transactions during May 2022. Litecoin followed with 17.97% of transactions and then Ethereum with 10.54%.
Pacaso Home of The Month: Wyndham
With its contemporary coastal design, Meadow Lane offers modern living in historic Nantucket. The new construction home includes a 3-story main house with 6 bedrooms and bathrooms and a 1-bedroom, 1-bath guest house. Both feature modern finishes inside and inviting outdoor entertaining spaces around the infinity-edge gunite swimming pool.
Cost: $1,234,000 for 1/8 ownership
Address: 11 A Meadow Lane, Nantucket, MA
Don’t put your second home dreams on hold for another minute. With Pacaso’s modern and professionally managed co-ownership model, you can own a second home for less cost and hassle. This is true real estate property ownership, not a resort timeshare.