Here at BitPay, we continue to welcome aboard new merchants, and we are focused on making 2022 the best year for crypto transactions. Learn the latest in what BitPay, the crypto world, and others predict this year. Our calendar is filling up with exciting events where BitPay will be speaking. (Of course, stay tuned for more events to come.) Finally, check out our merchant spotlight, charitable spotlight and our BitPay Directory product spotlight!
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
- The MRC Vegas 2022 Conference is back and in-person again! This four-day conference is uniting eCommerce payments and fraud prevention professionals. BitPay CEO, Stephen Pair, is joining this year as a keynote speaker.
- Check out Bloomberg's latest article where BitPay shares our insights on the rise of payments processed by coins including Ether, stablecoins, Dogecoin and more.
- BitPay is excited to announce our first Chief Operating Officer, Jim Lester. He'll oversee BitPay's blockchain product innovation as the company continues growth and preps for the next phase of its crypto market expansion.
- Real estate agents in the high-end residential property market are seeing an increase in new customers buying homes with digital currencies. As a result, Crypto kings are being named their new darlings.
- Payment Pros are in high demand. Check out the latest from Payments Dive on this topic.
- Want to see space with crypto? Unistellar is making that happen by accepting crypto through BitPay.
Other Industry News
Find out what's happening in the crypto world:
- Visa completed a survey of what small business owners expect for payments in 2022. They found one-quarter of global businesses are open to crypto. See what else they found out for 2022.
- Another CEO has taken to Twitter to hear from customers to serve them best. Airbnb CEO, Brian Chesky, asked his Twitter followers what they want launched in 2022. The number one request was for the vacation rental app to accept crypto.
- Learn more about the new IRS form 1040 that they wouldn't tax on crypto in certain instances.
- Lawmakers are trying to help boost crypto as a payment option with the Virtual Currency Tax Fairness Act.
- India has officially announced crypto will be taxed like gambling winnings, and it will not be illegal to buy and sell crypto.
- BitPay's home state, Georgia, is becoming the "new hot spot" for Bitcoin miners.
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
We have another exciting month of new businesses joining BitPay. Check out this month's latest merchants now accepting crypto:
- Alaska Backcountry Guides - A boutique Alaskan heli-skiing and snowboarding experience
- Jacob & Co. - Revolutionary timepieces and exquisite jewelry retailer
- Lipscomb University - A private Christian college
- SuperYachtsMonaco - Boutique yacht brokerage
- The Skatepark Project - A nonprofit skateboarding organization started by Tony Hawk
- Unistellar - Cutting-edge telescopes for beginners and astronomy pros
- WatchBox - The greatest collection of pre-owned luxury watches
BitPay Merchant Spotlight: SuperJeweler
Looking for last-minute Valentine's Day gifts? Then look no further than SuperJeweler.com, this month's merchant spotlight. They scour the globe looking for the best deals on diamonds, gemstones, and fashion jewelry. Shop their Valentine's Day sales now, and buy something for your valentine– or yourself!
BitPay Charitable Spotlight: Tony Hawk's The Skatepark Project
Donate crypto today to Tony Hawk's The Skatepark Project. Its mission is to build skateparks for youth in underserved communities. Why skateparks? Skateparks provide a safe place for skaters to practice and "teaches young people about how to make positive changes within their communities." The organization helps guide the cities embracing the benefits of skateparks with the blueprint to a successful skatepark.
To support this amazing cause, donate here.
Upcoming Webinars & Events
BitPay is ramping up the events for 2022. So check out what we have coming up, and join us!
Word of the Month: Metaverse
Everyone has heard of the Metaverse. Big companies, including Microsoft, Facebook, and Walmart, are staking claims in this network of 3D virtual worlds. But what exactly is the Metaverse? While still in the early stages of development, you can think of it as a 360-degree Zoom with plenty of gaming and social media. Virtual realities will likely play a key role in this fully immersive experience. Once you build your 3D avatar, you can build or explore virtual worlds, meet people in the virtual world, or invest in tokens, NFTs, or even virtual land!
Interested in learning more about the Metaverse? Check out this Fortune article where a writer shares her journey of joining the Metaverse!
Product Spotlight: BitPay Merchant Directory
The BitPay Directory allows you to shop our curated list of BitPay merchant partners that accept crypto. These merchants are highly vetted during BitPay's onboarding process and evaluated based on reputation and brand popularity, payment activity, and web experience. New merchant partners join the directory monthly, so make sure to visit frequently to see the newest merchants!
Check out the directory in app or visit the site.
Marketing Spotlight: APMEX Bitcoin Round
APMEX has another Bitcoin coming soon! Here's a first look at the newly minted coin. Want a chance to win one for free? Come by our booth at Bitcoin 2022 and spin our wheel for the chance to win the coin!
Did You Know?
BitPay supports all crypto wallets and exchanges, including popular wallets for BitPay, Coinbase, Exodus Wallet, Ledger Wallet, Trust Wallet, Electrum Wallet, Blockchain Wallet, Metamask, Crypto.com, Gemini Wallet, Kraken, BRD Wallet and more. These wallets are great for making a BitPay payment. Learn more about BitPay wallets.
Pacaso Home of The Month: Hallam
This impeccably remodeled Aspen home has vaulted ceilings with grand views of Shadow Mountain with rooflines that echo the nearby peaks. An open floor plan and seamless indoor-outdoor living create an idyllic mountain retreat.
Cost: $2,638,000 for 1/8 ownership
Address: 709 W Hallam St, Aspen, CO
Don't put your second home dreams on hold for another minute. Pacaso's modern and professionally managed co-ownership model allows you to own a second home for less cost and hassle.
See all listings
Learn more about Pacaso
Denison Yacht of The Month: Crescent Lady
Designed by the renowned Naval Architect Gregory C. Marshall, the CRESCENT 117 features a contemporary, elegant exterior and an interior that will stand the test of time.
The CRESCENT 117 offers five sumptuous staterooms, which accommodate ten guests in plush comfort. She features a full-beam master stateroom with a king-size bed, large wardrobe and an en-suite bath with a Jacuzzi tub. The yacht's additional staterooms include two king VIPs and two double staterooms with single beds. Each stateroom is complete with its own en-suite bath. The CRESCENT 117 also has accommodations for five crew in three cabins.
What will the price of Bitcoin be at the end of 2022? What about the price of DOGE, LTC, SHIB? Do you have a favorite merchant or brand that you would love to see accept crypto in 2022? Share your thoughts and predictions by completing these fun polls.