It's been a busy month for BitPay! We're excited to share one of the newest merchants to accept crypto, our 7-part video series with PYMNTS, and our new product launches including two new coins. As always, we've rounded up the latest news with BitPay merchants and in the world of crypto. Happy reading!
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
Check out the latest news from BitPay this month. We're launching some exciting new merchants and coins, so read more:
- Consumers can now buy Best Buy gift cards with their crypto through BitPay.
- Legendary watchmaker Hublot, known for unique and daring timepieces, now accepts crypto through BitPay.
- BitPay now supports two new cryptocurrencies: ApeCoin and Euro Coin. You can buy, store, swap and spend ApeCoin in the app. You can store and spend Euro Coin.
- Watch PYMNTS interview with BitPay Merchants, SHOP.COM and Panini America on their experience accepting crypto through BitPay.
- Kuoni Business Travel Switzerland has partnered with Bitcoin payment service provider BitPay to enable cryptocurrency payments for its services.
Other Industry News
We may be in a Crypto Winter but things are heating up. Learn more:
- Crypto enthusiasts predict Ethereum will rally in price, which could make it the largest cryptocurrency.
- A Czech royal family is preserving their family history by turning them into NFTs.
- Check out these 9 ways consumers can spend their crypto.
- The Ethereum community predicts the Merge could change the crypto world. Excitement grows as we get closer to the official launch date.
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
Welcome to BitPay and the crypto world! Here is a curated list of new merchants accepting crypto:
- 123Miners - The #1 place to safely and securely purchase crypto mining hardware, parts, equipment and hosting services while contributing to combat E-waste and unused Capital losses
- Best Buy - A consumer electronics retailer
- Inevitable - A complete training with almost 30 frameworks for those who want to know how to enter the NFTs space the right way
- Gucci - An Italian high-end luxury fashion house
- RightOfTheDot - A licensed auctioneer and broker of digital assets including premium domain names and NFTs
Search the BitPay Merchant Directory for even more merchants accepting crypto!
BitPay Merchant Spotlight: Gucci
BitPay is excited to share that Gucci is one of our newest merchants to accept crypto. Gucci is expanding their cryptocurrency acceptance with one of the newest coins to join BitPay, ApeCoin. They are the first major brand to accept ApeCoin in-store through BitPay. This exciting announcement follows their recent news last May that they are accepting crypto in select stores.
Charitable Spotlight: United Way of the National Capital Area
Learn more about one of our newest charities to use BitPay to accept crypto donations, United Way of the National Capital Areas. They have been focused for nearly 50 years on improving the lives of those in need in the National Capital Area. Its mission is to “create a strong, vibrant community with excellent schools, good health, safe neighborhoods and jobs that pay a livable wage.”
New PYMNTS Interview Series "The Merchants Guide to Accepting Crypto: The Questions to Ask"
Check out the first few videos from our 7-part series with PYMNTS. This series will help merchants big and small, online and in-store, who want to accept crypto payments figure out what they need to know to move ahead.
- Video #1: Expertise, Experience and Focus Are Critical When Choosing a Crypto Payments Processor
- Video #2: Supporting the Right Cryptos and Wallets Is Key When Choosing a Payments Processor
- Video #3: Getting Crypto Payments Compliance Right Requires Deep Experience
- Video #4: Savvy Retailers Demand Sophisticated Answers to Evolving Crypto Questions
Merchant Shout Out: RightOfTheDot
RightOfTheDot is a licensed auctioneer and broker of digital assets including premium domain names and NFTs, with over $560 million in sales to date. Their signature annual auction is taking place live and online at NamesCon on September 1, 2022. You can register for the auction at rotd.hibid.com. RightOfTheDot will now be able to send and receive cryptocurrency in this and future auction/brokerage transactions as a new BitPay partner! Watch one of their live auctions now.
Word of the Month: Polygon
Polygon is an add-on layer running alongside the blockchain Ethereum. It was created for the purpose of utilizing the security and functionality of Ethereum, while improving its scalability for faster and cheaper transactions. Whereas Ethereum is only capable of 15 transactions per second, the Polygon network can process 65,000 transactions per second, with the ability to scale even further in the future. The solution is also focused on enabling more developers to build scalable dApps with lower transaction fees and enhanced security. The Polygon network has already enabled over 19,000 dApps and has its own native coin, MATIC.
Product Spotlight: ApeCoin & Euro Coin
BitPay is welcoming two new coins, ApeCoin (APE) and Euro Coin (EUROC). Consumers can now buy, store, swap and spend both ApeCoin (APE) and Euro Coin (EUROC) within the BitPay Wallet app, and merchants are also now able to accept both coins as payment methods from any crypto wallet.
ApeCoin (APE) is the native ERC-20 token of the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT collection, a subsidiary of Yuga Labs. ApeCoin will be the primary token used across the Ape ecosystem, a world of Web3 games, experiences and communities. In addition to spending with BitPay merchants, APE holders can turn ApeCoin into cash instantly with the BitPay Card, plus buy gift cards for top brands and retailers. BitPay app users can also buy, store and swap APE seamlessly.
Euro Coin (EUROC) is a euro-backed ERC-20 stablecoin issued by Circle under the same full-reserve model as USD Coin (USDC). It provides instant access to euros across borders with low cost transaction fees and fast settlement. Businesses can accept Euro Coin payments from customers around the world as well as make payments to employees and vendors. Individuals can use the Euro Coin (EUROC) to shop with hundreds of BitPay merchants, send euros to friends and family, and also explore DeFi and Web3.
Marketing Spotlight: Card Rewards
BitPay cardholders can now receive up to 15% in cash back on qualifying purchases, allowing crypto enthusiasts another incentive for using the BitPay Card. Cardholders can shop at thousands of brands across shopping, dining, entertainment and travel with the largest offer catalog of national and local retail brands for in-store and online. When searching for deals in the BitPay App, BitPay cardholders can see specific deals available where they shop at brands such as adidas, Costco, Office Depot and Finish Line. The rewards program positively impacts people's lives by moving billions of dollars to millions of people.
Upcoming Events & Webinars
Pacaso Home of The Month: Star Gaze
Across from the sandy shores of Lake Tahoe is Star Gaze, offering an open floor plan, natural light and plenty of entertaining space indoors and out. The beautifully landscaped estate along Lakeshore Boulevard is gated and fully fenced, with filtered lake and sunset views.
Cost: $1,124,000 for 1/8 ownership
Address: 936 Lakeshore Blvd, Incline Village, NV
Don’t put your second home dreams on hold for another minute. With Pacaso’s modern and professionally managed co-ownership model, you can own a second home for less cost and hassle. This is true real estate property ownership, not a resort timeshare. Learn More about Pacaso Now
Condos.com Condo of The Month: The Elser
Development firm PMG (Property Markets Group) and Toronto-based real estate private equity firm Greybrook, launch The Elser Hotel & Residences Miami. The project is located in vibrant Downtown Miami, offering amazing views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline.
The 49-story tower features over 600 fully furnished luxury residences ranging from studio to 3 bedrooms and offers a multi-level amenity deck, resort-style pool, fitness salon, full gym and classes, alongside a meditation and yoga lawn. Enjoy access to an abundance of well-appointed amenities and direct proximity to world-class entertainment, arts, and dining.
Unit prices start at $600k or the equivalent cryptocurrency exchange rate. The Elser Hotel & Residences will be managed by Highgate, with short-term rental available for these move-in ready turnkey residences.
Buy Today and get crypto rebates exclusively with Condos.com.
Cost: Studios from $650K, One Bedroom from $800K, Two Bedrooms from $1.4M and Three Bedrooms from $1.5M
Address: 398 NE 5th St, Miami, FL 33132
Located at 398 NE 5th Street, the property features unobstructed waterfront views of Biscayne Bay, Miami Beach, South Beach and the Atlantic Ocean.