Magento 1 Plugin
Accept bitcoin on your Magento-based e-commerce site with BitPay's open source Magento 1 Plugin.
This version requires the following:
- Magento 1.9.x
- A BitPay merchant account:
Installing the Plugin
- Upload all files to your Magento 1 installation root
- In your System > Configuration > Design, under the HMTL Head drop down menu, add the following scripts in the Miscellaneous Scripts box:
<script src = "https://bitpay.com/bitpay.min.js"></script>
<script src = "/js/bitpay/showmodal.js"></script>
You can now activate the BitPay checkout plugin via your Magento Admin Dashboard.
After you have installed the BitPay plugin, the configuration steps are:
- Create an API token from your BitPay merchant dashboard
- Login to your BitPay merchant account and go to the API token settings
- click on the Add new token button: indicate a token label (for instance: Magento 1), uncheck "Require Authentication" and click on the Add Token button
- Copy the token value
- Log in to your Magento admin dashboard, go to System > Configuration > Payment Methods. This will give you access to the BitPay plugin settings:
- Paste the token value into the appropriate field: Development Token for token copied from the sandbox environment (test.bitpay.com) and Production Token for token copied from the live environment (bitpay.com)
- select the endpoint - Test or Production
- Payment from Specific Countries - You MUST select the countries to enable BitPay to appear in the checkout.
- Click Save config at the bottom of the page
This plugin also includes an IPN (Instant Payment Notification) endpoint that will update your Magento 1 order status.
An order note will automatically be added with a link to the BitPay invoice to monitor the status:
- Initially your order will be in a Pending status when it is intially created
- After the invoice is paid by the user, it will change to a Processing status
- When BitPay finalizes the transaction, it will change to a Complete status, and your order will be safe to ship, allow access to downloadable products, etc.
- If you decide to refund a payment via your BitPay dashboard, the Magento 1 order status will change to Closed once the refund is executed.